Fall Fashion Trends


What Works- Flats
As a tall girl (I'm 5'9"), I'm thrilled by the newfound popularity of flats. I used to hate being tall, and although I've come to embrace it, I still try to avoid towering over everyone else. Flats used to be boring- you had your choice of ballet flats or slip-on sneakers, but this season there are flat versions in tons of different styles, materials, colors and prints. You no longer have to sacrifice style for comfort.
Anything metallic or animal print is great for going out, but isn't approporiate for work. If you're wearing something sparkly or metallic, it should be the only the only sparkly or metallic article of clothing or accessory you wear (not counting jewelry). It's fun to add a little sparkle, but overdo it and you'll resemble a disco ball.

Brightly colored flats look great with jeans or an monochromatic outfits. Although I advise against it, if you do choose to wear skinny jeans or leggings, flats are a must. Heels, particularly stilettos, will make you look silly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I have seen some very cute flats at Bereshka at the City Centre, pretty reasonable too.
x

Anonymous said...

TopShop got some very pretty flats in blue and lace, reasonably priced too at 205 AED. Golden and Red flats at Stradivarius cost 175 AED.